Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shoes for TOMorrow


TOMS. If you haven't heard of these babies, you must be living on another planet. With designs based off of Argentina's alpargata style, these shoes have become a hot trend with people of all ages and of all nationalities.
The name TOMS derived from the word "tomorrow" which came from the founder's original project, "Shoes for Tomorrow". TOMS is widely known for their slogan "One for One", signifying the most powerful part (in my opinion) of the organization, giving shoes to children in need. With every pair of shoes purchased, TOMS vows to donate a new pair of shoes to a child who needs them. How cool is that? Want to know something even cooler? Since the company launched in 2006, over 1 million shoes have been given to children who need them.





I've recently become a bit TOMS-crazed.. And by crazed I mean I purchased 4 pairs within 1 week..oops! When my shoes arrived, I opened the box and the first thing I saw was a TOMS receipt that said, "Thank you. You made 4 people smile with your purchase.". Well this made me smile too of course! Also included in each box of shoes is a TOMS decal sticker and a small TOMS bag which has just enough room to store my new kicks.
So, regardless of what my husband says about my spending habits, each time I look down at my happy feet, I'll know that a child somewhere has happy feet too. :)

Purchase your TOMS and learn more on their website: www.toms.com

Don't see the style you're looking for? Check out Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and other retail stores that carry them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment